My favorite season used to be fall. Now I’m a convert. To celebrate the wildflowers in full bloom, we have been having fun outdoors with tons of hikes and nature walks. To bring the season indoors we did this fun spring art activity which is great for both toddlers and preschoolers.
Using the 3 pronged/tined fork we pressed firmly into the paint while making sure both the prongs and the base get paint.
While printing she made sure to print using a 2 step motion. First to get the tines of the fork printed, then she got the base printed to complete the tulip.
Once we printed using our forks, we drew the stems and leaves using green acrylic paint.
My toddler on the other hand is not very focused on the design or the pattern element of the spring art activity. Well yeah she is 2. For her the fun was to simply print using different colors. As you can see only the prongs got the paint and hence the prints. But that’s her spring art! It’s always best to keep the art project as open ended as possible when playing with younger kids. My preschooler however starts any art activity with the ” What design are we making?” So it’s different with her.
I love my toddler’s unique and original open ended art work. She enjoyed every bit of the process.
My “design and pattern” loving 4 year’s old work.
It’s always fun to participate in the activity with the kids. My children love it when I join them and finally we take a look at all our art work.
Some more spring crafts we have done in the past.
Thanks for reading
Please take a moment to comment
For more spring activities take a look at our Spring category page.
Follow us on Pinterest for more kids activities. If you love play based learning and enjoy doing activities with your kids, Pinterest truly is the place to be: For parents, educators and care-givers.
Hi friends, we are very glad to have contributed to a resourceful new e-book. Do you have toddlers or babies in your life and feel coming up with baby activities is so challenging? We, in collaboration with other bloggers have put together a book with GREAT activities for babies and toddlers.
- There are 25 unique baby/toddler play ideas.
- The activities for babies and toddlers are explained very thoroughly with bright pictures and clear step-by-step instructions.
- The ideas are very simple and perfect for busy new moms of babies and toddlers.
- You will get exposed to 25 new blogs where the women behind the blogs share so many ideas for baby play, toddler play, preschooler play and up.
- There are additional 50 links to whole new ideas for play.
- There is a wide range of activities with classic baby play, sensory play, homemade toys and many learning activities.